Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Cultures Shocked. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you have attempted to register and are not receiving the authorization email, please email culturesshockedmods at gmail dot com with your user name and the email you registered with so we can manually approve you.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hello!
Topic Started: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:34 pm (214 Views)
Bluecat
Member Avatar

Greetings

My husband and I are first time host parents and wanted to find a community in which we can connect.

A little about us:
We are both in our 30s and live in the DFW Area of Texas. We went through the whole process and are really excited to meet our new student in August.

We have no children of our own but we do have 2 Full bred Russian Blue cats (hence the username).

I look forward to learning everything that we can!
:)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matsunoki
Member Avatar

Hi Bluecat, and welcome to CS! That's awesome that you're going to be host parents - exchange can't happen without you all :) ! Which organization will you be with and where will your student be from? I don't think we have anyone in TX but we have a mix of volunteers and host parents with a few organizations who have worked with or hosted students from lots of different countries.

Feel free to ask anything and everything here! We're happy to help :)

Bluecat
Member Avatar

Matsunoki
Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:39 pm
Which organization will you be with and where will your student be from?
Good evening Matsunoki!

We are working with ISE (International Student Exchange). Our student is 15 and is coming from Marl Germany.

Thank you for your kind offer of help! We have a lot to learn about the German culture, expectations etc. It's all a bit overwhelming at the moment. However, I am encouraged that we will be able to work it out :)

Matsunoki
Member Avatar

Bluecat
Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:47 pm
Matsunoki
Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:39 pm
Which organization will you be with and where will your student be from?
Good evening Matsunoki!

We are working with ISE (International Student Exchange). Our student is 15 and is coming from Marl Germany.

Thank you for your kind offer of help! We have a lot to learn about the German culture, expectations etc. It's all a bit overwhelming at the moment. However, I am encouraged that we will be able to work it out :)
You'll do great :) Have you gotten in contact with your student yet?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply