Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Cultures Shocked. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you have attempted to register and are not receiving the authorization email, please email culturesshockedmods at gmail dot com with your user name and the email you registered with so we can manually approve you.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Introductions Thread
Topic Started: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:33 pm (10,732 Views)
Matsunoki
Member Avatar

Hi everyone! I'm Matsunoki, previously known as TheEar. I'm also a mod here. I was a YFU student to Japan in the summer of 2004 on the JUSSE scholarship. In 2007, after my sophomore year of college, I spent a summer working in Izmir, Turkey. I started volunteering with YFU in 2006 doing random tasks for my field director by email and in 2009 started as an area rep. It's all been great!

I'm really looking forward to connecting with new and old CSers here :-)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nostos

Hey guys!
I'm nostos. I'm Canadian, but I've been a lot of other places too.
I went to Japan in 2008 with ASSE. I was meant to stay a year (2008-2009), but I left early after 6 months.
But, I decided to give Japan another shot, so now I'm living here while teaching on the JET Program. I'm on contract for 2014-2015, and signing on to stay another year.
I also hosted two students in 2008-2009 - a high schooler from Japan and a university student from France.
Edited by nostos, Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:05 am.

GoKenz

Hello, hello!
I suppose I'll just pop in here. For reference, I have no idea what I'm doing because I have no real experience using forums. Or should I say posting on them, because I'm usually just a forum ghost.

Anyway, my name is Kenzie and I am exchange hopeful for the year of 2016. I hope to study abroad with ASSE International, despite the bit of bad reputation the US has had in the past with inbound students. My choices were slimmed down to Greenheart Travel and ASSE, and seeing as they both had the same Japanese partner, I'm choosing to go with ASSE. I would have loved to go with a more reputable program, but I'm an old fart now, and no one wants me except for those two I mentioned above. (17 y.o.)

Anyhow, nice to meet everyone. :)

mburucuja

Hey, I'm mburucuja. I'm from the US. I exchanged to Paraguay (semester with AFS) and did a NSLI-Y summer program in Turkey. My family also hosted a Japanese student with AFS. I spent a semester of college in Mexico, and returned to Paraguay twice in college for research and an internship.

azafran

Hey everyone!

I'm azafrán (Spanish/almost Arabic for saffron), I was Izzy on the old boards. I exchanged to Spain (semester with CIEE) and went to Oman last summer with NSLI-Y. I'm also currently in training to be an Amigos de las Américas volunteer next summer, most likely in Ecuador, possibly in Panama. I'm also planning on applying to NSLI-Y again next year for a gap year, probably in Morocco.

Matsunoki
Member Avatar

GoKenz
Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:14 pm
Hello, hello!
I suppose I'll just pop in here. For reference, I have no idea what I'm doing because I have no real experience using forums. Or should I say posting on them, because I'm usually just a forum ghost.

Anyway, my name is Kenzie and I am exchange hopeful for the year of 2016. I hope to study abroad with ASSE International, despite the bit of bad reputation the US has had in the past with inbound students. My choices were slimmed down to Greenheart Travel and ASSE, and seeing as they both had the same Japanese partner, I'm choosing to go with ASSE. I would have loved to go with a more reputable program, but I'm an old fart now, and no one wants me except for those two I mentioned above. (17 y.o.)

Anyhow, nice to meet everyone. :)

azafran
Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:21 pm
Hey everyone!

I'm azafrán (Spanish/almost Arabic for saffron), I was Izzy on the old boards. I exchanged to Spain (semester with CIEE) and went to Oman last summer with NSLI-Y. I'm also currently in training to be an Amigos de las Américas volunteer next summer, most likely in Ecuador, possibly in Panama. I'm also planning on applying to NSLI-Y again next year for a gap year, probably in Morocco.

Welcome (and welcome back) to the board! Feel free to start threads for your programs, countries and whatever else you'd like :)

NicoleH
Member Avatar

Hello. I'm Nicole formerly run4theworld. I'm originally from Northern California. I exchanged with YFU as a gap year student to Denmark in 2003-2004. I lived 6 years in Michigan and after getting my bachelors degree in English I served as a volunteer teacher in SE Asia. Currently I live in Tennessee where I'm obtaining my teacher's certification for grades 6-12.

trisha

Hi! I'm Trisha, and I have the same username from last time. :D I first knew that I wanted to be an exchange student almost 6 years ago (wow), and I'm currently in Germany for 2014-2015 under CBYX (ASSE).

Patty

Hey guys! I'm Patty and I'm applying to RYE for the 2015-2016 school year. Looking to go to Belgium, Denmark, Germany, or Finland. I guess I'm not really an official outbound yet since my application hasn't been submitted, but I already had my district interview. I just have to wait for the district to find a club to sponsor me.

Not nearly as long as Trisha, but I'd say I've been wanting to go on an exchange year for at least two years.

aimeebella

Hi! I am Aimee, mom to Katherine, who I keep trying to get to come on here. We are in NC and just found out in December that she will be going to Croatia! It was her first choice so she is very excited!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply