Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Cultures Shocked. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you have attempted to register and are not receiving the authorization email, please email culturesshockedmods at gmail dot com with your user name and the email you registered with so we can manually approve you.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Scholarships!
Topic Started: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:31 pm (1,976 Views)
mburucuja

There are a lot of options for students from the US.

Kennedy-Lugar YES Abroad
Full scholarships for year programs in countries with large Muslim populations. Countries vary by year but currently they're Bosnia & Herzegovina, Macedonia, Turkey, Morocco, Ghana, South Africa, Oman, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines.

NSLI-Y
For scholarships for year and summer programs in countries that speak Turkish (Turkey), Arabic (Morocco, Jordan, Oman), Russian (Russia, Estonia, Moldova), Hindi (India), Persian (Tajikistan), Chinese (China, Taiwan), and Korean (South Korea).

CBYX
Full scholarships for year programs in Germany.

AFS and YFU also have partial and full scholarships.

Do you know about any other scholarships?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matsunoki
Member Avatar

The State Department lists a few other shorter-term programs for high school students: http://exchanges.state.gov/us/high-school

I was a recipient of the JUSSE scholarship through YFU and can attest to it being a great program. It's too bad there are fewer scholarships and they don't cover as much (previously 1 per state, full scholarships, now 10 total, for $3,000 each). On the other hand, the JAFS scholarship doesn't require previous language study anymore.

azafran

Not a scholarship program, but CIEE offers lots of scholarships for its summer HS programs. I haven't been on any, but I've heard good things. I've virtually bumped into quite a few people who have received full scholarships.

Matsunoki
Member Avatar

Another not-quite-exchange that's worth mentioning is United World Colleges. In short, 2-year IB diploma boarding schools around the world that offer scholarships to students.

heidi

Any other scholarships applicants floating around? 12 days until YES semis, and maybe less than a month 'till CBYX finalist notifications. :O

mburucuja

Full scholarship (including stipend) for US students to spend a year in Lithuania! Deadline is March 3rd, no gap years.

http://www.americancouncils.org/programs/excel-abroad-program

zaneylaney97

mburucuja
Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:10 pm
Full scholarship (including stipend) for US students to spend a year in Lithuania! Deadline is March 3rd, no gap years.

http://www.americancouncils.org/programs/excel-abroad-program
Thanks so much for this, just found it and now I'm applying, I never would have found this if you hadn't had made this post.

unanina

Full-paid scholarship for high school students (US) to travel to Peru & Bolivia. It's a one year commitment though. If you need any info on Amizade, let me know.
https://amizade.org/yapsa/
Edited by unanina, Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:52 pm.

weblet

BP Global Citizens of Tomorrow - full scholarship for high school students, year program. Brazil, China, Malaysia and South Africa. Open now, deadline March 1, 2016. www.afsusa.org/bp

mburucuja

Did they remove the geographic requirement? I know this was only Chicagoland, Texas, and Washington in the past...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Applying to & Preparing for Exchange · Next Topic »
Add Reply