Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Cultures Shocked. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you have attempted to register and are not receiving the authorization email, please email culturesshockedmods at gmail dot com with your user name and the email you registered with so we can manually approve you.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rotary
Topic Started: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:28 pm (2,103 Views)
cyrobe

Does Rotary just send you to a random location? Even if you provide a list of preferred countries?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matsunoki
Member Avatar

cyrobe
Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:38 pm
Does Rotary just send you to a random location? Even if you provide a list of preferred countries?
From what I've heard they try to choose countries based on peoples' lists, but hopefully someone closer to the organization will stop by with a more concrete answer for you :)

mburucuja

From what I understand it depends on your district. I've heard of people picking a top 3, 5, or 10; ranking all available countries; sorting countries into 3 categories for places you want to go, places you would go, and places you wouldn't go; just choosing a country or two you wouldn't go to; etc. I'd ask someone in your district since it varies so much.

Matsunoki
Member Avatar

I saw a Rotary exchange student walking with her (host?) parents in my city this morning! I could tell by the pin-covered blazer. We're just a little city in the Midwest that doesn't get many exchange students, plus usually I only see people going to work that time of day so it was really surprising :) I'm not sure if she was American or not since I don't know when Rotary students travel. The blazer was navy, I think.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Program-Specific Questions · Next Topic »
Add Reply