Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Cultures Shocked. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you have attempted to register and are not receiving the authorization email, please email culturesshockedmods at gmail dot com with your user name and the email you registered with so we can manually approve you.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Domestic Accomplishments
Topic Started: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:28 pm (3,747 Views)
KThoune
Member Avatar

I am thinking about putting this sink in my bathroom, once we finally close on our house (we have to redo the bathrooms as neither are all that functional, and have not been used in 2 years.. since the house has been empty..)

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70207144/ opinions? my husband thinks it is weird, but i like it... :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matsunoki
Member Avatar

KThoune
Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:19 pm
I am thinking about putting this sink in my bathroom, once we finally close on our house (we have to redo the bathrooms as neither are all that functional, and have not been used in 2 years.. since the house has been empty..)

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70207144/ opinions? my husband thinks it is weird, but i like it... :)
I think it's cool! That little shelf in it seems like a good way to make it easier to clean soap buildup under soap dishes or dispensers.

I just got door knobs, a shower door, and picked up the doors we ordered a few weeks ago. OMG doorknobs are ridiculous, like the interior ones seem cheap at least and then you need 6 and it starts to hurt. And I realized I need to get 3 more exterior sets to keep things matchy all over the main floor and those are actually *ouch* on their own (just the basic doorknob for a key and deadbolt, not even those big vertical handles).

At least in the next month or two we should have a decent-looking interior! Good bye, 80s crap!

weblet

KThoune
Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:19 pm

Are you looking for this for the master? Will you have a cabinet underneath or is it wall hung?

I like it, just that you cannot have a full depth cabinet underneath it.

mburucuja

Cleaned the living room, kitchen, and bathroom today. Bedroom tomorrow?

KThoune
Member Avatar

it is for the main floor bathroom, which is also the master... there is no true master bath in the house... I like the concept, i need to go shopping around locally yet though... trying to find ideas we both like..

door handles are expensive... my parents bought coded door handles and they were like $80 a piece for 3

mburucuja

I got a new shower curtain, towels, makeup box, and rug for my bathroom, which is as close as I can get to redoing. I wish I could put in a new light fixture (bare bulb eww) and a new sink with a cabinet underneath, but I rent.

I actually really like this apartment and it's super cheap. It has the coolest wood floors I've ever seen, nice views, a big back porch, big kitchen, decent appliances, 4 blocks from work, super diverse neighborhood, etc. but it's clear that it's very old and hasn't quite been taken care of. Very drafty windows (2 of them crappy scratched plexiglass), remains of kids' artwork on the bedroom door, several big scratches in the living room floor, warped floorboards in the kitchen, hideous light fixtures in most rooms, ancient heaters, etc.

I'm so conflicted about how long to stay here. I almost want to move somewhere less drafty for next winter ($300 gas bills and uncovered alley parking suck) but that would mean moving this summer (no way I'm doing it while working) which would mean I should be looking for a new place now? I also can't overstate how much I HATE moving.

KThoune
Member Avatar

I would move just because a $300 gas bill is insane... and plexi glass windows in the temps we have had is also insane even if you cover in plastic for the winter that it not enough imo

--- the bank finally finished the underwriting for our mortgage so on to the appraisal.. last known appraisal on the house valued the house at around 90,000, which is well above what we are paying for it... final steps before closing whooohooo!

Matsunoki
Member Avatar

mburucuja, I think I'd also suck it up and move, especially if I could find a place with some of the location benefits you currently have.

Kitt, I can't wait to see pics of your new house!

I got the estimate for getting the doors put up and am about to schedule that, and the painter's ready to schedule soon too. Buying a few last pieces of hardware (thank God for online shopping with in-store pickup). Woohoo!
Edited by Matsunoki, Wed Mar 4, 2015 2:00 pm.

KThoune
Member Avatar

i cant wait to show pics of the house! we are going there tonight to measure things so i can start buying things that need replacing right away (tub/shower, toilet etc) we are pretty much gutting the bathroom and redoing it right away... maybe ill take some pics tonight id share the listing but i dont want everyone to know my address...

NicoleH
Member Avatar

Now that Sean has a full time job we are looking at renting a house. We won't move until summer but I'm looking forward to moving out of our 1 bedroom apartment.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Adult Life · Next Topic »
Add Reply