Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Cultures Shocked. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you have attempted to register and are not receiving the authorization email, please email culturesshockedmods at gmail dot com with your user name and the email you registered with so we can manually approve you.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Board Questions
Topic Started: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:07 am (3,832 Views)
weblet

Is there a "new post" button that I'm missing?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matsunoki
Member Avatar

weblet
Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:07 am
Is there a "new post" button that I'm missing?
There are "Active Topics" and "Replies to Your Topics" buttons at the bottom that may serve the purpose, though I don't think they're quite the same as what the old forum had.

weblet

Ahhh, wasn't expecting to see them at the bottom and so tiny :)

Matsunoki
Member Avatar

weblet
Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:59 am
Ahhh, wasn't expecting to see them at the bottom and so tiny :)
We're doing some work on a new theme and I'll try to do something with it there. It may not be a big change (we don't have the flexibility to move things anywhere) but can try to do a little to help it stand out a bit more.

azafran

I keep getting the Colombian flag when I type in :ec: for Ecuador! Pretty sure I'm putting in in right--could someone check the Ecuador flag is uploaded correctly?

mourinho
Member Avatar

I think this is a situation where they just simplified the flag by removing the seal (are the colors and order the same?), but I'll double check.

Ok, I checked, and yeah, that's what I have for Ecuador. Below on the left is Ecuador and on the right is Colombia. Sorry :(

:ec: :co:
Edited by mourinho, Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:16 pm.

azafran

Ok, thanks.

Let it be known that I do, in fact, know that the flag in my sig is technically Colombian ;)

mourinho
Member Avatar

Haha. They do seem to be slightly different (like, Ecuador looks like it has light reflecting off the left side?), but my mind might be playing tricks on me.

cerejeira

Hi there, I was wondering what the status was on things like blog posts and the wiki. Is there stuff still going with the forum set up before pursuing these other aspects? If people are interested in working on them how should they get in touch? Is there a larger plan or goal that the mods have for this?

mourinho
Member Avatar

Thanks for asking!

We've been trying to plan a launch date so that when we start for real (as opposed to the current semi-placeholder status), we'll already have a few posts to look at, and more scheduled. Anyone who has an idea for a post should feel free to contact us (just PM Matsunoki or me). We would absolutely love to have input from other CSers--actually, we need input from others, since the two of us have only experienced so much related to exchange. As for the wiki, hopefully we can get that going next month. We'll be sure to let everyone know when we're ready for help copying files from a temporary host to the new location.

Our larger goal would be for the wiki to serve as a source of quick information, the forum to continue to serve as a community, and for the blog to serve as kind of a mixture of information and community, where you can read informational articles about exchange but also find (and share your own!) posts that bring out the human side of things, hopefully giving readers something they can relate to, and something they can share with others who have questions about exchange, the things that you can't necessarily answer on the spot.

In short, our inboxes are always open, and soon, the blog (and wiki) will be, too.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Requests & Feedback · Next Topic »
Add Reply