Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Cultures Shocked. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you have attempted to register and are not receiving the authorization email, please email culturesshockedmods at gmail dot com with your user name and the email you registered with so we can manually approve you.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
It was the best of times
Topic Started: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:22 pm (794 Views)
Matsunoki
Member Avatar

For the best times on exchange . . .

Mine: In Japan, the ishidori matsuri, my town's festival. It was loud and the floats were incredible and the second night (after my host sister lied to get my host parents to take me home the first night!) I almost got run over by one of the floats.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

heidi

I was just remembering my favorite days from my exchange...

-The day that my best friend and I invited a random group of people (some friends, friends of friends, and a couple of exchange students) to hang out in the park and drink terere and my best friend and I went to the Chinese supermarket to get water...Where we ran into my best friend's crush, she embarrassed herself hehe, and then we started talking to two very interesting rappers in the supermarket.

-The last evening I spent with an exchange student friend and a good friend of mine who left to go on exchange. We ran all over the city between 4PM and about 1AM, we visited an old graveyard, wandering by the canal, and ate dinner at the pizza place we went where the first time the three of us hung out...

-Bariloche with my host parents, and Buenos Aires with my host dad. So, so, so much fun, so much adventure, so many silly moments.

-The first day I met my (now ex, but who cares) best friend. Really long story - we had seen each other before, but this was the first time we hung out.

-Every movie night I spent with my group of friends I met in February - even the ones when I was super, super, super exhausted and ended up nodding off during the movie.

I love the fact that most of my favorite moments on exchange are just everyday kind of moments. I love my Argentinian life <3

mourinho
Member Avatar

I don't know if I can even choose one "best". Whenever things were normal, and I was with my friends, it was awesome. Maybe Halloween, when I had candy and decorations sent from home to share with my class, and then we had a Halloween dance (in the middle of the day?) and I was able to give them decorations. I think that was my best Halloween *ever*, and I had been dreading being out of the US for it.

NicoleH
Member Avatar

There are many "best" moments. One was sitting in my friends room shortly after I had moved in with her family and her and one other friend and I were talking about nonsense.
Another was when my host sisters were fighting over who I was going to watch Harry Potter with until I said I could watch it with both of them (9 & 12 year old logic- go figure)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Life After Exchange · Next Topic »
Add Reply