Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Cultures Shocked. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you have attempted to register and are not receiving the authorization email, please email culturesshockedmods at gmail dot com with your user name and the email you registered with so we can manually approve you.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Updates & New Features
Topic Started: Tue Feb 3, 2015 3:29 am (2,317 Views)
culturesshockedmods
Administrator
We'll use this thread to keep you posted about any notable changes to the forum or blog.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mourinho
Member Avatar

As of tonight, if you'd like to add flag icons to your posts or signature, put the two-letter country code between two colons.

For example, : us : without spaces becomes :us:

To see which countries you can choose from, click on "Show All" under the emoticons while editing a post or your signature.

I uploaded each one individually, including countries I doubt will ever be used here, so, uh, take advantage of this, ok? ;)
Edited by mourinho, Tue Feb 3, 2015 12:32 pm.

weblet

Well, the :us: is working, but none of the others I listed...

edit: I also do not see the emoticons on the change sig page, although now that I am editing, I see them here. I see the flags are using 2 letter codes (with some exceptions)...

edit 2, lol: after playing a bit... finally got it!
Edited by weblet, Fri Feb 6, 2015 8:48 am.

mourinho
Member Avatar

weblet
Fri Feb 6, 2015 8:13 am
Well, the :us: is working, but none of the others I listed...

edit: I also do not see the emoticons on the change sig page, although now that I am editing, I see them here. I see the flags are using 2 letter codes (with some exceptions)...

edit 2, lol: after playing a bit... finally got it!
Ooh and yours makes quite a colorful signature :D

weblet

Can't lie, I think the prettiest flag is Turkmenistan's :D

mourinho
Member Avatar

Out of the ones in your signature, I like Kazakhstan and Brasil the best. They're so bold and have interesting colors/layouts.

Man, I'm kind of a nerd ;)

mourinho
Member Avatar

For those who haven't seen it yet, the main page (cultures-shocked.org) has undergone a facelift (though it is still somewhat under construction). Now all we need are some good exchange-related articles/posts. We'd love to hear people's ideas and requests.

mourinho
Member Avatar

If you hadn't noticed, last week, the forum underwent several changes. There are still some individual boards we want to add or bring back, but we're trying to figure out how best to implement them.

Today, we added a subforum of the Language Threads section dedicated to discussing languages. Sometimes you have a question about a language that you can't or don't want to ask in the dedicated language thread. Sometimes you want to talk about multiple languages at once. This new subforum is for any of that, including questions/comments about English.

Matsunoki
Member Avatar

I made some small changes in the Program-specific Discussions forum - I added full names of scholarships and descriptions of what they're for in order to make it faster for people reading about them for the first time to see what they're about. I hope it helps :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Rules & Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply