Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Cultures Shocked. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you have attempted to register and are not receiving the authorization email, please email culturesshockedmods at gmail dot com with your user name and the email you registered with so we can manually approve you.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Inbound General Chat Thread
Topic Started: Fri Feb 6, 2015 10:10 pm (1,304 Views)
Matsunoki
Member Avatar

Here's a hangout for the inbounds of the board who would like to talk about their day-to-day thoughts and experiences. As always, feel free to add new threads to the section if you come up with any more specific topics you'd like to discuss separately :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

incorinco

annnnd tomorrow will be the last time I skip classes for exams because I'll be on the plane back during the next ones :$ bittersweet

incorinco

i had to weigh myself to weigh my packed luggage (i got a new scale and it isnt completely flat) and omg i almost cried IVE GAINED ALMOST 30 POUNDS

idk how i managed to not notice or ignore this because im 5'4'' and going from 120 to 147 pounds is kind of a big thing

its going to be a hell of a time trying to lose most if it before the school year starts up again. :D :D :D :-/ :-/ :-/ :'(
Edited by incorinco, Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:33 am.

incorinco

last hour at my house in taiwan... weird

Matsunoki
Member Avatar

palidosauria
Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:45 am
last hour at my house in taiwan... weird
Have a safe trip back!

Matsunoki
Member Avatar

I believe at this point we have at least a few inbounds for this new year. I hope you're all starting off your exchanges well!

heidi

Well, I've been in Chiang Rai for almost two weeks now and I'm loving life!

Also, the most amazing coincidence of my life happened about a week ago. So, when I was in Argentina, there were two Thais who came to my city about six months after I arrived (and two who came six months before I arrived and left halfway through my exchange). I got along well with both of them, but we weren't very close, considering we were in very different phases of exchange. One lives in the Bangkok area, so I kind of assumed the other one did, too. Well, now there are five YES abroad Thailand-ers, living in very different parts of Thailand. But one of the YES Abroad Thailand girls went to school her first day, about six hours from where I live, and at her school, ran into a girl who had been an exchange student in Argentina...they started talking about their programs and realized they both knew a girl named Evan...and turns out the Thai girl was in General Roca WITH ME!! And in a small city in the rural region of Thailand, this Thai girl who knew me (one of only four Thais I knew before exchange haha) just happened to be in the same school as one of five YES abroad-ers spread throughout Thailand. I get goosebumps just typing this!!!

Matsunoki
Member Avatar

That's so amazing! Are you going to get together some time? That would be the only way to make this cooler :D

I'm so glad your exchange is going well! How's your family? And how's the food!!?!?!?

heidi

My family is very nice, though very busy and there is still a significant language barrier!! Food is amazing, even though my tolerance for spicy is still pretty low. I LOVE SCHOOL!!!!!! By far my favorite part of exchange so far!!!

weblet

Since we're into the holidays now, how are all you inbounds doing? Anyone celebrate Thanksgiving? Will any of you celebrate Hannukah/Christmas/Kwanza/host country holiday?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Life on Exchange · Next Topic »
Add Reply