Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Cultures Shocked. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you have attempted to register and are not receiving the authorization email, please email culturesshockedmods at gmail dot com with your user name and the email you registered with so we can manually approve you.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ExCEL Abroad (Exchanges for Culture, Education, and Leadership); Full Scholarships: US to Lithuania and Lithuania to US
Topic Started: Tue Mar 3, 2015 4:53 pm (1,177 Views)
heidi

Has anyone else applied to ExCEL Abroad? For those who don't know about it, it's a brand-new full scholarship to Lithuania, administered by American Councils. I don't really know much about it, but maybe someone else does!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mourinho
Member Avatar

Oh, that's so cool! I hope we see more and more programs like this.

cerejeira

I don't know much about the program as it is brand new, but I think the side of it that sends Lithuanians to the USA has been active for at least a few years. Over the last few months I've been networking with people at American Councils and they are very well respected in the world of youth exchange programs and work heavily with the NSLI-Y and FLEX programs as well. It's a state department funded program so definitely should be well administered on the US side.

heidi

cerejeira
Thu Mar 5, 2015 10:21 am
I don't know much about the program as it is brand new, but I think the side of it that sends Lithuanians to the USA has been active for at least a few years. Over the last few months I've been networking with people at American Councils and they are very well respected in the world of youth exchange programs and work heavily with the NSLI-Y and FLEX programs as well. It's a state department funded program so definitely should be well administered on the US side.
That's great to hear! I know that they implement some of the programs in certain YES Abroad countries. It's pretty interesting for me, at least, as an applicant, since it's a brand new program and there isn't very much info available about it. It would be pretty neat to be in the first cycle of students for the scholarship!

heidi

I was disqualified for ExCEL when I accepted YES, but ExCEL results are coming out NOW, and I know because one of my applicant friends was just accepted!! There are only two spots, and apparently the two kids may go to either an IB school or a school taught in Lithuanian. It's pretty exciting.

cerejeira

Yea that's definitely exciting. It's kinda crazy that there are only two spots though! Hopefully these kids will get along well or could maybe find some exchange students from other programs to hang out with too.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Program-Specific Questions · Next Topic »
Add Reply