Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Cultures Shocked. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you have attempted to register and are not receiving the authorization email, please email culturesshockedmods at gmail dot com with your user name and the email you registered with so we can manually approve you.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
CBYX (Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange); Full Scholarships: US to Germany and Germany to US
Topic Started: Tue Mar 3, 2015 5:00 pm (1,600 Views)
heidi

Did anyone apply to CBYX? I am a semifinalist through AFS. For those who don't know - CBYX is a State Department-funded scholarship that provides 250 scholarships total to Germany for US students. The scholarships are administered by five organizations (AFS, FLAG, YFU, CIEE, and ASSE) depending on one's region.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

coolusername

I didn't apply, but good luck to you!

heidi

Thank you! I'm really excited. I might hear back late next week! I think my interview went well, but I didn't get to meet the other CBYX semifinalists, so who knows! I'll see :)

heidi

Sorry for the double post (can you edit on this board) but I GOT CBYX! AFS called me this morning! Yay!

Matsunoki
Member Avatar

heidi
Sat Mar 7, 2015 8:24 pm
Sorry for the double post (can you edit on this board) but I GOT CBYX! AFS called me this morning! Yay!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Posted Image

mburucuja

Congratulations!

Are you going to accept right away, or still go for YES?

mourinho
Member Avatar

Congratulations, Heidi!

heidi

mburucuja
Sat Mar 7, 2015 9:11 pm

Are you going to accept right away, or still go for YES?
Thanks everyone! I'm definitely going for YES and ExCEL anyways, though I'm not sure if I would choose ExCEL or CBYX if I were to get those two. I'll see if I get the opportunity to make a choice!

cerejeira

CBYX has a young professionals, 18-24 program that I'm planning to apply for next year.

heidi

cerejeira, good luck! I don't know much about that program (I just read the website once or twice) but it looks like a wonderful opportunity.

I received my scholarship acceptance info today! First thing tomorrow I'm calling AFS, and hopefully I'll be able to extend the deadline for acceptance easily.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Program-Specific Questions · Next Topic »
Add Reply