Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Cultures Shocked. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you have attempted to register and are not receiving the authorization email, please email culturesshockedmods at gmail dot com with your user name and the email you registered with so we can manually approve you.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rebuilding
Topic Started: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:08 pm (633 Views)
mourinho
Member Avatar

Right now we're working on recreating our wiki here: http://wiki.cultures-shocked.org/

Someone has offered to upload our archives so we can copy and paste them, so we'll do that, and then the CS wiki will be open for reference and edits.

I'll keep everyone posted on the progress here.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cerejeira

Thanks for the update! I spent a lot of time on the Brazil and Portuguese pages so I'm crossing my fingers that it will still be available. I think it could really be a great tool for future exchangers to get info on countries, especially let common ones, and topics that are more relevant to an exchange student, like making friends and typical family things that you're not really gonna find elsewhere on the internet.

mourinho
Member Avatar

That's the goal. And we'll cover some of those things in the blog as well, but from a more personal angle and more in-depth, where the wiki will be more for quick reference (but still hopefully with enough content that people can stay occupied for a while).

The first wiki site we tried, before we realized that they wouldn't let us use the wiki.cultures-shocked.org address, was cultures-shocked.wikia.com. They let us upload an old file, but it was incomplete (15 pages or something like that-- I know the wiki wasn't huge before, but it had more than that). I think we have other backups of the wiki that will hopefully have more information, but they're a file type that none of the wiki sites will let us import, so we're working on that.

weblet

So what's happening on the Wiki front?

Matsunoki
Member Avatar

weblet
Wed May 11, 2016 12:37 pm
So what's happening on the Wiki front?
Nothing for now :( That's much more mourinho's area of knowledge but her current computer can't do too much. And I'm nearing the end of a pregnancy where I had about 3 months of reasonably normal functioning so even if I could handle the technical aspect of uploading things I have too much else to do (or in the 1st trimester, too many naps to take) to handle it alone.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Wiki Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply