Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Cultures Shocked. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you have attempted to register and are not receiving the authorization email, please email culturesshockedmods at gmail dot com with your user name and the email you registered with so we can manually approve you.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Midwest; Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North and South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas
Topic Started: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:48 pm (1,053 Views)
Matsunoki
Member Avatar

Some call it flyover country but there's a lot to see and do here! We have big cities, small towns, unique foods, lots of nice people, and yes, even beaches! Is anyone going on exchange here or otherwise want to talk about the region?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KThoune
Member Avatar

beaches on Lake Superior in Marquette MI are some of the best beaches I have been to... Florida beaches are nice, but nothing like swimming in fresh water rather than salt water (IMO)

NicoleH
Member Avatar

I miss the midwest. While the midwest didn't like me (allergies up the wazoo) I miss it nonetheless.

KThoune
Member Avatar

Michigan did not like me for the same reason.. I have no allergies in Wisco tho :D

NicoleH
Member Avatar

I talked to a pharmacists in Michigan when I was there last summer and he said that Michigan is a breathing ground for just about every kind of allergy. Thankfully I have no allergies in Tennessee.

mburucuja

I'm allergic to SE Wisconsin. The further southeast I get, the worse it its. I had mild allergy issues in Beloit and Sheboygan, but I always had to take extra meds in Racine. So far so good in Milwaukee, but most things aren't growing yet so we'll see. I'm not optimistic...

Matsunoki
Member Avatar

Even with Zyrtec and Nasacort my allergies are acting up a bit. We're really giving quite the ringing endorsement for this region, aren't we? :P

KThoune
Member Avatar

if it helps I dont have allergies to wisconsin.. only michigan... :D

*sales pitch* the midwest is awesome esp wiscconsin.. who wouldnt love cheese beer and the packers lol :D hahahaha (for real tho the whole midwest is pretty cool .. at least the parts ive been to

NicoleH
Member Avatar

I love the midwest, it is fairly awesome. But I really missed mountains while living there. The things that people call mountains are little bumps in the terrain.

theforeignerpodcast

Minnesota gets really cold! I spent my exchange year there and we got down to minus 40 degrees celcius. They have the same temperature now. If you have any questions regarding how to deal with cold Winters in the midwest, hit me up!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · US & Canada · Next Topic »
Add Reply