Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Cultures Shocked. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you have attempted to register and are not receiving the authorization email, please email culturesshockedmods at gmail dot com with your user name and the email you registered with so we can manually approve you.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Decorating/Small Projects
Topic Started: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:07 pm (2,692 Views)
mburucuja

I got my holiday stuff down on Thursday. I feel like the time frame was semi-acceptable for the Christmas stuff, but it'd been a solid month since the end of Hanukkah. Oops.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

weblet

Matsunoki
Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:33 pm
*sigh* I really really need to buy proper thermal curtains :$ And definitely something over that front window, thermal or not, because the angle of the sunlight in the winter bounces off our wood floor into the kitchen like a mirror and like I need more reason to not keep the kitchen cleaned up . . .
The plastic films you can put over windows would at least keep the drafts out ;)

Matsunoki
Member Avatar

weblet
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:39 am
Matsunoki
Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:33 pm
*sigh* I really really need to buy proper thermal curtains :$ And definitely something over that front window, thermal or not, because the angle of the sunlight in the winter bounces off our wood floor into the kitchen like a mirror and like I need more reason to not keep the kitchen cleaned up . . .
The plastic films you can put over windows would at least keep the drafts out ;)
I got some years ago but . . . cats! We had window sills they loved sitting on in the old house and in this one the big front window doesn't have a sill but the bottom's about a foot off the ground so they pull themselves up with their front paws to look out when people and vehicles go by. I can't take them from them :D so I never used it. I ended up ordering these curtains Sunday night. They're out for delivery now (woot Prime!) and I'll put them up ASAP when they get here.

Update edit! The curtains arrived. They're kind of ugly and the unwrinkling instructions didn't work too well but I don't really care. I was hoping for more of a sage green but they're more olive, but that could be the lighting. I can already feel the cool air pooling between them and the windows and they thoroughly block the mirror effect on the floor so YAY. Since I want to paint that room a neutral gray or greige eventually (and as of now it's beige with a very 90s floral border at the top), the color will work just fine until I decide to care about that room's appearance :P We don't spend any time in there anyway so who knows when that will be.
Edited by Matsunoki, Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:04 pm.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Adult Life · Next Topic »
Add Reply