Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Cultures Shocked. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you have attempted to register and are not receiving the authorization email, please email culturesshockedmods at gmail dot com with your user name and the email you registered with so we can manually approve you.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Finances
Topic Started: Thu Oct 8, 2015 11:12 am (671 Views)
Japanharris

Ugh I can go on and on about this. I pay for everything on my own now and college is veerrrry expensive (yay loans!)I went from having a good amount in my savings to absolutely nothing and it's taking me so long to get back on my feet because I job I have now does not pay as well as my other one.

And the price of exchange is looming over my head but I'm doing absolutely everything in my power to go. I've been told no and to wait too many times haha 5th time is the charm.

I'm stuck between choosing a major that will ensure me jobs that make great money but I don't want to do it(business), and a major that can be very hit or miss that's my passion(Japanese). I don't have the money to be dilly dallying in college so I hope I'm able to figure it out by end of sophomore year.

Basically the financial part of my life is not going as hot as I would like it to, the ramen noodle life is very real right now!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

weblet

Major in business and minor in Japanese - then apply to every Japanese company in the US for a job.

Also, look into interning/summer positions with Japanese companies. What's your current Japanese level? Are you currently a freshman or sophomore?

Japanharris

Japanese is my Major and that's likely not going to change, I'm leaning towards adding international business would be my second major. I'm going to school in both winter and summer sessions so I'm on track to graduate in 3 years so I intended to double because what could it hurt. It's a matter of deciding what my second major is.

On top of that I don't plan on making a career in America which complicated things. I would be ok with being an English teacher but I really want to be an interpreter.

I'm in the intermediate level of Japanese In college because I took 5 classes of it in highschool, next semester I'm scheduled for advanced intermediate

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Adult Life · Next Topic »
Add Reply