Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Cultures Shocked. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you have attempted to register and are not receiving the authorization email, please email culturesshockedmods at gmail dot com with your user name and the email you registered with so we can manually approve you.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Russia
Topic Started: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:55 am (664 Views)
Japanharris

I'm trying to get a program at my uni to go to here because I want to experience Russia, but I find little to no information about this! has anyone studied abroad in Russia?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mburucuja

I haven't, but a ton of people from my school did. We had a super strong Russian program and a partnership with RSUH in Moscow. Most of them had 2-3 years of college Russian though. I don't think it's an easy language to just pick up, or an easy place to be without knowing the language. Does your school have Russian classes?

Japanharris

Oh I'm so jealous! I need to transfer to your school haha

Yeah we have a Russian major and you can minor in it in our graduate school but for some reason we're lacking a program! Which is disappointing coming from my uni because they pride themselves on study abroad. I emailed one of the professors and they were trying to get a program set up but she "dropped the ball" because she was busy. It's so expensive to go outside of my uni so I don't think I will. Really want to go there now...

mburucuja

Could you apply for CLS?

Japanharris

I was looking at that a few weeks ago but if I'm not mistaken there's a hefty language requirement for the Russian program that I can't fit in before I graduate. I may just have to visit on my own instead of studying abroad there

Yanush

Japanharris,

I see you already have your plans lined up, but if you are still considering a study abroad program in Russia, I'd check out http://www.acrussiaabroad.org/ - it's probably the most robust program with Russia at the time. Usually a 1-year stay, living either with a host fam or in the dorm. Not sure how much it is today, but it was always a bit on the pricey side.
If you're a little more adventurous, I'd recommend checking out RUDN, a Moscow-based university that historically was the primary location for foreign students. http://www.rudn.ru/en_new/

Japanharris

Plans are always subject to change!! Thank you for the info, I'm looking into it now

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Europe · Next Topic »
Add Reply